Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bad For The Body, Good For The Soul…

Every so often, I need to let go…

Yesterday was one of those days…  I went to a geocaching event for a friend’s birthday.  It was a potluck BBQ, with some truly awesome food contributions (I made these…).

There was a totally amazing array of food at this event.  I am proud to say that I made mostly healthy choices…  Hubs and I shared a top sirloin steak, and (of course!) some of my beans…  Someone had brought salad fixin’s, so we also partook of those.  Later in the day, someone brought a bunch of marinated chicken and tritip for everyone; I enjoyed a small piece of tritip and a bit of chicken – it was awesome!  I splurged on some tempura shrimp and a piece of birthday cake…  and I don’t feel bad about it one bit, as I think it’s necessary to indulge our taste buds every so often.

Now, granted, those deep-fried tasty shrimp and yummy yellow cake with strawberries and whipped cream frosting were NOT within my normal eating plan…  But they were WAY good for my state of mine…  I find that, every so often, I need to drop out and just not be concerned with the calorie  count and assorted associated calculations involved…

However, I also made an effort to offset that unbalanced eating – I took a walk around a lake that has been engineered for a 2-mile total distance.  Of course, I didn’t walk as quickly as I might – I had to stop for geocache hunting! – but it was a good workout that raised a sweat, so I’m happy….

In the end, it was great to spend a day with good friends, good food, sunshine, without a care… It helped me to be vey ready to get back on track, successfully, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...