Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oh, Garmin, Wherefore Art Thou, And Another Click On The Age-ometer

So yesterday morning, I finally fought myself out of bed, got into my workout clothes, dropped the treadmill, and went to grab my Forerunner to time my intervals for my #5kin100days run.  I have the footpod, so I can actually track mileage while on the treadmill, too.

Anyway, I went to the spot where (I thought) I last left it, and it wasn’t there…  I had just pushed new workouts to it, or so I thought….  When I looked at the agent on my computer again, it was not connecting.  I spent the next half-hour looking for the damn thing before deciding to watch the timer on the treadmill.  I was resigned to the fact that I would not see the Garmin for months (yes, my house is in a state of constant transition as we move things around to work on remodeling the next bit).

After I finished the workout, I was making breakfast and putting my lunch together when I heard the distinctive beep that signals a wireless Garmin data transfer.  Still, I couldn’t find it…  I finished my breakfast and went up to shower and get ready for work.  I mentioned to my wonderful hubby that I was missing my toy; he said he would look some more after work.

When I came downstairs, it was sitting on the table – he had found my tracker in mere moments!  Somehow ended up under the sofa!

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I didn’t let it get in the way of my workout – a month ago, I would have called it a reasonable excuse for skipping it.  I’ve come a long way this summer!

On another note, my personal age-ometer clicked over another digit today.  I’ve got exactly one year left to meet my goal.

For some reason, my depression really kicks in at this time…  It’s very tough to keep focused on the things that are important to me.  This past year has been particularly rough, with family- and job-related stresses that are emotionally painful.  I did give myself a bit of leeway today, but still managed to stick fairly closely to plan – enough so that I’m still calling it a success.

Tomorrow’s another day….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...