Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wakeup Call

Today was a bit rough.  I had my annual physical.

I have a good relationship with my doc (she’s awesome!), so, of course, I told her of the things that have been going on with me…

I’m (not so) pleased to announce that I am the (not so) lucky winner of a colonoscopy and a sleep study to test for apnea!  Fun times…  Disappointed smile

I was really surprised to see that my pulse came in at 68 bpm, which I think would indicate that my resting heart rate is fairly low…  And my blood pressure is happily normal.

I also had blood work done – TSH, vitamin D, and a metabolic panel.  The lab my doc uses (in the same building) is very quick with the results, so I had some answers today.

First, I have a vitamin D deficiency that will be treated using daily supplements and 10-minute doses of sunshine on a daily basis.

My TSH levels have dropped, and are now well within the normal range, which is a good thing, right?

Now for the scary part….  My blood sugar levels (at least this morning) were above the normal range, even after fasting since yesterday evening.  Yup, you guessed it – I’m now considered prediabetic.  Not a word that is going to give me the warm fuzzies…

Anyway, I have yet another incentive pushing me toward my goal!  Any advice here is invited and welcome…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...