Monday, May 9, 2011

Emotional Weight Loss… Part 1

Well, I was going to post a big ole long entry about the war between me and my family that started last week, but I’m so over it now that I’m not even gonna go into it.

To make a long story short, I’m no longer speaking to any of them, although one in particular doesn’t seem to understand that her poison darts are about 100 miles wide.

Why is this?  Well, I feel like I’ve lost about 250 pounds of emotional weight over this past week or so – I struggled for years seeking their approval and letting myself be walked all over.

No more!  I have collected my belongings and moved on…  I just pray that they someday decide to seek the help they need.

I have a life – a decent career, a happy marriage, and a pretty good support network of friends, both flesh and digital.  I don’t have time or energy to waste chasing a few words of insincere praise…

It’s time to get on with MY life, and MY goals instead of worrying about others.  It’s time to lay my demons to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...