Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Got Hope?

I saw this bumper sticker on a car on my way to work this morning, and it got me thinking...

I know that something like this typically has religious overtimes, but what is to preclude its application to other aspects of life, too?  I mean, if you have no hope achieving a goal, then you're most likely not going to work very hard to get there, right?

I think that this has beena big gotcha for me for a very long time...  I have had people telling me I would never amount to anything for most of my life.  After hearing it long enough, it became difficult for me to believe otherwise.

More recently, though, I have been able to make changes for the better in my life.  I'm beginning to believe that I can succeed in achieving my goals, as long as I focus on small steps and small successes.

I think that losing the weight and getting fit is probably the most difficult task I have ever set for myself, at least from my point of view...  but now, I am starting to feel that I can do this...   yes, there is hope for me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...