Saturday, July 9, 2011

First Ever Fitbloggin’ Local Meetup – Norcal Edition!

Today, I had the great pleasure of attending the first-ever Fitbloggin’ Local meetup of Northern California health and fitness bloggers, hosted by Susan (@foodiemcbody) of foodfoodbodybody.  Not only did she invite us all into her beautiful home; she also organized a wonderful agenda of activities for us all.

imageWe started off with an easy hike at Redwood Regional Park, which was just a short drive from the venue of our gathering.  We walked about two miles on the West Ridge Trail.  It was an easy hike, and we all were able to spend some time chatting and getting to know one another.

By the time we got back to the house, we were all ready for lunch (or, at least, I sure was!).  Fortunately, everyone who came brought something tasty and healthy to share – we had quite the feast!

2011-07-09_12-15-34_490

A host of fresh fruits and veggies, with an assortment of dips…  Cakes, pies, and cookies made with healthy ingredients…  Grilled sausages…  A wonderful vegan pasta salad and a tasty barley salad…  For the most part, I’m not sure who brought what, but it was all totally YUM!!!  I made my shrimp ceviche, which seemed to go over very well – I brought home just enough for a nice lunch tomorrow!

After lunch, Danica, from Danica’s Daily, gave an awesome presentation on “Taking Your Blog To The Next Level.”  I picked up some good pointers that I hope to start implementing here soon.  I actually recorded the presentation, but still need to review it and get her permission to post, before I can share it here.

We finished up our afternoon with an introductory session of Nia, which seems to be a fusion of a number of disciplines including yoga, tai chi, and martial arts with dance.  Terre Pruitt, the instructor, was quite good at leading us through what turned out to be a very free-form session.  It was at once intense and relaxing, and I’d love to try it again!

I had a great time, and I’m really looking forward to taking part in more of these meetups – hey, anyone, would you be up for a hike followed by some wine tasting, perhaps?

Many thanks again to Susan for putting this together for us!!

2011-07-09_12-54-42_757

2 comments:

  1. So great to meet you! and thanks for the link to that ceviche -- it was SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you. Your ceviche was definitely a hit. Thanks. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...