Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Reflections #3–No Resolutions

This year, I’m not making any of the traditional resolutions.  I’m trying something different this year – I’m actually working through a S.M.A.R.T goals planning program – Specific – Measureable – Attainable – Realistic – Timely.  I plan to blog about my progress here, on a weekly basis – maybe I’ll start SMARTGoals Saturday, huh?

There are a number of things I would like to accomplish over the course of this coming year:

1)  Run 5K without stopping to walk.

2)  Lose 50 pounds.

3)  Remodel my workout room and office (which have simply been storage for the past five years!), and our downstairs bathroom.

4)  Update my professional certifications.

5)  Be a better blogger.

Over the coming days, I’ll be fleshing out the details of these goals, following the S.M.A.R.T. methodology – of course, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to get started on them before my plan is complete; I do have some ideas on how best to get started.

I’m planning to meet up with some friends tonight, to say farewell to 2012 with a labyrinth walk, and setting my intentions for 2013:

I will relinquish my fears – they no longer serve me.  Instead, I will face each moment with the courage I know lies within me.

I will relinquish blame – it no longer serves me.  I will practice forgiveness of myself and of others.

I will relinquish doubt – it no longer serves me.  I am strong and confident.

I will relinquish shame – it no longer serves me.  I accept myself as I am.

Let the past rest in peace – it cannot be changed.

Let the future take care of itself – what will be, will be.

Live in the moment, and find bliss.

I share these blessings with those who wish to accept them.  May 2013 be your best year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...