Friday, April 15, 2011

Back To Basics, Back In The Game…

So, yeah, I lost my focus again…  I guess I tried to push it a bit too hard, because I’ve been caught up in a vortex of self-doubt and –deprecation for over a week now.

One of the greatest obstacles I face is a serious case of low self-esteem.  This is an issue that has plagued me since childhood, and is most likely the biggest component of my depressive disorder.  My failure to keep up with the rigorous program I had undertaken sent me into a downward spiral that was tough to get out of.

I now recognize that this has to be my first consideration in my quest for a healthy life – my emotional fitness has to come first, else there is no hope of ever achieving physical fitness (my mental fitness is beyond help, but that’s another story…  Disappointed smile)

Anyway, another fitblogger I follow, Fit and Free Emily (http://www.fitandfreeemily.com/), tweeted today that she is starting over on her 100 Day Chip Quest (details here…), and I replied that I would join her.  So, here goes…

My first goal is to let go of guilt over food.  If I should happen to slip up, either deliberately or accidentally, I will not condemn myself, as this tends to send my eating out of control.  Life is not gonna stop if I have an extra bit of chocolate, right?  Why should I let it make me lose sight of what I want to do?

I have started tracking my food again, and will continue to do so…  Not going to worry if I go over my limit, though…  They’re just guidelines anyway, right?

As an adjunct, I’m going to try to be more active every day, and not condemn myself for skipping a workout…  I’m also not going to let the scale rule me – I’ll look at the numbers, but do my best not to let them bother me!

So ends Day 1 of my quest…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...