Monday, July 16, 2012

The Plague Strikes

I know I promised you all a video…  Unfortunately, my most beloved hubby has come down sick, so I’ve got some other things on my mind instead of being creative.

In the meantime, I’d like to mention our dinner out the other night.  We went to Applebee’s for the first time in quite some time, and I have to say that I was rather impressed.  Not only does their menu now offer a selection of Weight Watchers-friendly items, but they also clearly identify their lower-calorie options, with a special section listing items that are 550 calories or less – and the food is good!

I enjoyed a roasted garlic-marinated sirloin, with herb-steamed red-skinned potatoes and a really tasty stuffed portabella mushroom, topped with a creamed spinach that was mostly freshly wilted spinach topped with a quality parmesan cheese.

The steak, although a thinner cut, was tender and flavorful.  The potatoes were delicately flavored and quite enjoyable.  The mushroom was nicely done, and the spinach still had a bit of crispiness and loads of flavor.

Portion sizes were just enough to hit the spot, costing me just 450 calories all inclusive.  I felt that the meal was definitely worth the price tag, too.  My only issue was (as always) the amount of sodium in the meal – nearly a full days’ allotment for one person.

I will certainly consider a return visit – and would be even more likely to do so if the sodium content were to be reduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...