Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Middle Age And An Aging Middle

OK, it’s been far too long since I’ve been here.

Life’s had some major ups and downs – my job was burying me inside my black hole until I got a different one.  However, that most awesome event caused me to go crazy in the other direction – I was so ecstatic that I sort of decided (without really deciding) that I deserved to celebrate every day.  I really really LOVE the new gig, and am now getting settled in, and settled down.  I get to do so many interesting things!

It’s a good thing that I’m coming back to earth – I’m heading for a major milestone bigthday in just 30 days.  I am doing my best to avoid letting that little event – what is often considered the entry into “middle age” – send me into another tailspin.  It’s far too close to being old to suit me.

To that end, I’m really doing everything I can to focus on getting rid of my aging middle!  In the next 30 days, I’m promising myself that I will lose at least five pounds.  That strikes me as a good achievable goal that will encourage me to keep on going when I achieve it (notice – I said “when” instead of “if”!).

I’m also going to shoot for 30 blog entries in that time – I really really need to get back in this habit, as it helps me to really see things clearly, even if I’m the only one that ever reads these thoughts.  Also, I need to get my blogger vibe back before Fitbloggin’ in September, right?

I’ve just realized – I guess I need to revamp my point of view here.  I missed the booking window for my Hawaii 5-0, but have scheduled the trip for the second half of April.  Not a bad thing, as I’m nowhere near bikini-ready.  With the trip pushed out to April, I still have hopes of being able to wear a non-fat-lady swimsuit, at least.  OK – I can either write an entry or work on reworking the site each day.  That seems like a reasonable plan.

So – there’s the goal:  5 pounds and 30 days of blog updates.  Very doable, right?  Now – to figure out a good reward/birthday present for myself!  I’m open to suggestions…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...