Monday, September 24, 2012

My First Fitbloggin’ Chapter 1

Well, my first Fitbloggin’ has come and gone, and I’ve got soooo many thoughts coming through right now that it’s difficult to decide where to start… Maybe I should start at the beginning….

I landed in Baltimore after a flight that was uneventful, and would have been on time if not for a fuel truck blocking the access to our gate.  Fortunately, it appears that Baltimore has the fastest baggage claim on the planet, as my suitcase was already on the carousel when I got to it.  I then rushed off to find the closest check-in desk for the shuttle, but, when I got there, nobody was in attendance, and the kiosk needed a reboot.

The next desk was all the way down at the far end of the (very long) baggage claim area, so I got my very first workout of the trip trying to get down there in time to catch the shuttle so that I could get to the McCormick tour.  I became ever more doubtful, as they told me that my shuttle would be there in 30 minutes or less.

Finally, they called for the bus.  I got on with another woman, who, as it turned out was Kia, aka @bodhi_bear.  She set the tone for my entire weekend, with her friendly and welcoming attitude, and her successful efforts to contact the McCormick folks to ensure we both made the tour.

Thanks to Kia, I began to feel that I just might be able to feel comfortable with so many new people, which is a rarity for me.

Well, time to call it a night, so that I can actually make it to the office tomorrow…  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Sue, I'm with you, I've no idea where to start posting about FitBloggin !

    I can say it was great meeting you there that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...