Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Go Big AND Go Home…

I’ve always been one of those “all or nothing” people – if I couldn’t do it perfectly, then it wasn’t worth doing.  This has proved to be my downfall in many aspects of my life, including my quest for a healthier body and lifestyle.

Every time I’ve been motivated to get started on changing my habits, I have given up at the first slip-up.  I think that goes back to having grown up constantly hearing that I’d never amount to anything or succeed at anything, but that’s an entry for another time.  At any rate, my quest for perfection has derailed my healthy goals time and time again (as anyone who’s read my past entries here knows).

To that end, I’m going to try to learn a different attitude – I can choose to make good choices, or I can choose not to.  From here on out, there is no failure; there are only options, some OK and some better.  Each day that I make at least one good choice is a successful day.

For instance, today, I chose to eat fresh fruit, cherry tomatoes, and a Greek yogurt as snacks during my workday, instead of going to the cafeteria for a bagel or some chips.  I chose to get on the treadmill instead of vegging out on the couch.  I chose to write this blog entry instead of surfing mindless websites.  On the negative side, hubby and I chowed on a whole Hillshire Farms kielbasa and Bush’s Baked Beans for supper tonight.  Still, more better choices, so today is a win.  It will help me to keep in mind that there are no bad choices, no bad days, no possible chance of failure.

Let’s call this #7daychip attempt #267…  I’m off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...