Sunday, April 8, 2012

I’ve Been Away (Again…) – Part 2

So, yeah, you might say I got lost between March 21st and today…  Here, at last, is the Part 2 follow-up to my last post.

 

Literally:

My husband and I had a very nice weekend away, completely unplugged – there is no cell signal in and around Yosemite, and internet service at the hotels is outrageously priced.  I had a laptop with me, but only for the purpose of loading geocaches onto my GPS.

We arrived at the hotel just ahead of the rain, but got soaked going to get dinner.  Still, the view off of the deck was pretty spectacular.  There was a spa in the room, and a fireplace, so we had a nice relaxing evening.

20120316_182814

The next morning, we slept late enough that we missed breakfast, so we made a brunch of fresh veggies (with a tasty red pepper hummus) and some smoked sausage and crackers.  After our repast, we loaded ourselves and the pup into the vehicle, to head into Yosemite National Park.

With the weather at hand, we didn’t get to really see any of the famous landmarks – the clouds were low and full of snow.  Since the gas station in El Portal was shut down, we decided to head up to Crane Flat, where the next nearest station was.

20120317_122625

The drive was quite nice, as we were surrounded by absolutely untouched pristine white snow.  When we arrived at the station, we were amazed to see so much untouched whiteness.

20120317_123514

Harley the Wonder-Collie thoroughly enjoyed getting out to check out the falling white stuff.  Unfortunately, since we were in the National Park, she was not able to go off-leash (although there was a fenced area next to the hotel that she thoroughly enjoyed).

20120317_123504

Sadly, our tour of the Valley didn’t last long, as it was very wet and too slushy to get out for any hiking, and the tops of the cliffs were obscured by thick clouds, but we did get to see a lovely little waterfall on our way back down to the hotel.

Waterfall

When we awoke the next morning, this was the view off of our balcony at the hotel:

New Snow

We drove home that day, much more relaxed than we had been in several months.  It was a wonderful cleanse for my spirit, and allowed me to be ready to get back on track toward my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...