Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012–Looking Back At Week 1

I started the new year with high hopes, and the seeds of my plan for healthy changes.  The first three days went beautifully – I was quite happy with them.

On Wednesday and Thursday, I fell off the wagon after a car accident.  Thursday was also the day that the gastroenterologist set me up for my first-ever colonoscopy (oh, yay, right?).  I would get to spend half of my weekend on a clear-liquid-only diet.  My brain told me a better stock up on a few (OK, maybe more than a few) extra calories, so I went a bit nuts from Thursday and Friday.

Surprisingly, though, what I’m thinking most frequently right now is that I can’t wait to get back on track with eating and working out.  Just a year ago, this all would have become nothing more than an excuse to go on a binge until the first of the next month.  Not this time, though – I am more than ready to return to my commitment to me.

All in all, I am feeling pretty good about things right now, despite the setbacks.  I’m not letting myself be overwhelmed – I am making progress!

2 comments:

  1. Your attitude is great - slips are ALWAYS gonna happen (and it sounds like you actually had a pretty sound reason for it!), but its how we deal with them that makes the difference. Hope 2012 is a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm definitely still feeling strong, despite the bumps and bruises...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...