Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out With The Old…

Tonight, I will see in a New Year for the 50th time.

Having tried and failed at making and achieving New Year’s resolutions since I became aware of what a resolution was, I’ve decided that this time, I will put that tradition behind me, along with all of the trauma and pain that came my way in 2011.

Tonight, I walked a labyrinth, with intent and purpose – as a symbol of letting go of my past and my preconceived notions about myself and others.  I followed the circuits to the center, leaving the limitations of my history behind.  On reaching the center, I sat and looked inward, reaching toward my own center, and eventually found the peace and joy of just being in that moment.  When the time was right, I then followed the path back out to a new realization that I truly have the potential to achieve my goals, as long as I look inside myself for guidance.

I am, for the first time in many years, ready to greet the New Year with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...