Sunday, February 5, 2012

Simple Pleasures

I have dirt under my fingernails, and I feel good.

I spent the last hour planting tulip bulbs into our newly-created flower bed.  It’s a lovely sunny early-spring day here in Northern California; not too warm but not cold, either (although that will change in the early morning hours).  There is nothing so relaxing as digging in the dirt, knowing that you’ll be rewarded with beautiful flowers in a few weeks.

Why is it so easy to put the effort into something that may take months to give results, when I’m so impatient when I don’t see results of my efforts to live healthy?  I still have a long way to go in developing patience for the results of working out and eating right to manifest.  I find it far to easy to give up, and to give in to temptation.

I guess I need to look at myself the same way I do the tulip bulbs – in time, with careful nurturing, I will start to see beautiful results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...