Friday, November 18, 2011

Black (Mood) Friday

Over the past few years, or maybe longer, the Friday after Thanksgiving has been referred to as “Black Friday” because that’s the day that can make or break a retail operation’s sales revenue for the year.  This year, the big thing is to start the Black Friday sales in advance of the actual day.  Let me tell ya – I could teach them a thing or two about getting an early start on the holidays…

It’s been a long time since I felt celebratory by the time Turkey Day rolls around – that’s about the time I start to think about how little I’ve accomplished toward my goals for the year.  This year is promising to be a real winner, due to some pretty significant emotional upheavals on the family front, and some pretty stressful incidents at work, too.

I’ve suspected that it was creeping up on me for a couple of weeks now – my enthusiasm about getting moving and sticking to my plan has been waning, along with making time for me…  And it’s starting up the vicious cycle all over again.

I’m going to do my best to beat the holiday blues, but I know I have a tough road ahead…  If you have any tips for staying strong into the New Year, I’d surely appreciate if you would pass them along…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will respond as quickly as I can...